Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Jul 17, 2005, 2:16 PM   #1

I won't make editorial comments on this week's challange. Suffice to say i could not accept the challenge for various reasons. The major one being I depended on someone else to tell me where to go.

Of course i could never go anywhere and not come up with something interesting to shoot.

Cal, I wonder whether you know that you have left some people out with this period's challange. It was a nice challange though.

nlp239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 17, 2005, 9:26 PM   #2

I respect your comments. Not all challenges are suitable for everyone. This seemed like an outstaning idea when my wife came up with it. We have both tried it and came up with some interesting and educational results.

I am sorry you choose not to participate. This was and still is intended as an educational exercise. It is not an easy challenge. If your problem is getting someone to work with you, I think it would be acceptable for you to play both roles. Pick a place where you don't think there is much opportunity for photography and go prove yourself wrong.

I did not expect much initial response since this is a challenge that requires some planning. Previously taken photos won't work for this one. I figured many people would not have time to work this one until the weekend and then post their results the first of the week. Let's wait and see.

I promise that the next challenge will be easier. However it won't be a "show and tell". It will still require some planning of the shots.

The ability to learn to see a picture in your mind takes time and experience. Obviously, there are a lot of people here who are new to photography and it is going to take some time for them to hone their skills. So, in that regard, I guess this is more for the experienced people. I will watch it closely over the coming week and if the response is not there, I will terminate it and move on to something else.

Please bear with me. There are many good challenge topics coming in the future. Have you seen some of the fancy taillights on the newer cars...hint, hint!

Cal Rasmussen

(edit) nlp, you have a PM waiting.

calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2005, 5:03 AM   #3

Don't get me wrong Cal. It IS/WAS an excellent challenge. And of course I agree with you, that you can't please everyone.

Maybe I shouldn't have made the comments to start with - I just felt bad I couldn't participate because the challenge depended on an external force.

I really appreciate your thoughts and work in coming-up with the challenges and keeping us active and involved.

JC
Old Jul 18, 2005, 8:00 AM   #4

Cal,
I think it's a great challenge and I plan on giving it a try for sure. My problem is similar to nlp's but in the fact that my husband says I can see a photo in everything. So maybe the challenge is more for our freinds and family than us:-).

Don't give up on this one, I just haven't had time to try it out.
Oh....and nlp......nobody tells ME where to go either! :-)

Rose
mommy_culleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2005, 9:49 AM   #5

My wife sometimes tells me where to go but I don't think you can take pictures there!

Cal

calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2005, 11:01 AM   #6

My husband suggested the mall. Duh! Like I'd say no! Then the Laguna Art Festival. Then the Beach! The I suggested, how about that ugly baron field out back. But then it's not his suggestion. Hmmm, problem is he is pretty creative and can probably see a picture everywhere we go like me!

But I like the concept and assignment. So, I'll make him come up with a better one after we go to the mall, Laguna Art Festival and the beach! he he

Freida
freidaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2005, 10:50 AM   #7

You guyzzz are funny.