Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Sep 13, 2005, 7:09 PM   #1

In the USA (and other countries, I suspect) Summer is a time of fairs. We have State Fairs, County Fairs, City Fairs, Carnivals, and other similar activities. It is a time to show what we have accomplished with animals, food, handicrafts, photography, etc. It is also a time to showcase local and national entertainment. Most fairs include a carnival or midway with rides that cause your stomach to meet your lungs, skill booths where you leave your money and maybe leave with a trinket, food--lots of it for highly inflated prices and dubious nutritional value!

In the USA, the Labor Day holiday traditionally marks the end of summer. School has started. Most vacation travel has come to an end. We are left with memories and hopefully some great photos.

Your challenge, should you choose to accept it, is to show of photos of fair activities. Show us the kids with their prize pig or that great looking sheep. Show us photos of horsemanship in the competition ring. Show us dogs in competition. In other words, show us photos of people doing things at the fair. I think it would be ok to include photos of amusement park activities and shopping center carnivals as well. Let's salute the Summer's end with a salute to fairs and carnivals.

Yes, this is a "show and tell" but I told you awhile back we would have one occasionally. Now, remember to put Summer Fair in the subject line.

This topic was suggested by Friedaw. Remember to submit any challenge ideas you may have.

Cal Rasmussen

calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 14, 2005, 3:46 PM   #2

Whoa! Cool! I just saw this! And here I put my camera away for the last month or so! Getting it back out now!!* *Freida
freidaw is offline   Reply With Quote