Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Sep 27, 2005, 7:33 PM   #1

Patterns are everywhere around us, in nature, in architecture, in the home. Look around you and I can almost guarantee you will see something with a pattern, be it large or small. Maybe it is the bricks on a modern buildng, tile in the bathroom, that new 2000 floor high-rise condo, the screen in the kitchen vegetable strainer. Patterns may be seen in unexpected places such as in shadows.

Recently, in the macro-closeup forum, there have been a number of unofficial "What is it?" challenges. Someone posts a picture and asks others to identify it. I think it would be fun to do that with pattern photos but the challenge does not require it.

On my recent trip to Hawaii, I shot 1465 photos in a week. During the entire week, I was on the lookout for patterns even though I had not planned this challenge, yet. I found and photographed many which you will see here in the next two weeks. Some are quite abstract while others are obvious.

Your challenge is to find the patterns around you, photograph them, and show them to us. If you choose not to do the "What is it?" game, put PATTERNS at the beginning of your subject line. If you do want to play the game, put PATTERNS GAME at the beginning of your subject line.

Now, go find the patterns in your world and show them to us. No PS or PSP alterations please except for the usual touchup steps( contratast, color, sharpness).

Enjoy,

Cal Rasmussen

calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links