Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Sep 29, 2005, 10:27 PM   #11

aladyforty wrote:
Quote:
well they do have Australian aboriginal art all over them so I was thinking a digeridoo, they look like baseball bats to me

or they could be rolls of materials of cloth etc

but I will go with the digeridoo:-)
You know, when I posted this entry, I thought that if anyone would correctly guess an aboriginal musical instrument, it would be you! While it might be difficult for most, it would be relatively easy for you to at least hazard a correct guess. Good job and thank you for proving me correct.
davephoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2005, 7:50 AM   #12

See........now this is another reason why I am a big fan of this forum......I doubt I would ever see an actual digeridoo! I didn't realize they were painted up so beautifuly.

The only time I saw one was in an old movie anda native played it. It just looked like an old piece of wood, nothing pretty like these.

Are these painted by the Aboriginees (sp?) or by local craftsmen?

Beautiful shot, a real keeper!

Rose
mommy_culleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2005, 8:23 AM   #13

ah I am too late. :roll:First thing I thought of was Digeridoo! Well I made my own this year and so it was an easy guess for me... nice photo!
thkn777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2005, 4:26 AM   #14

thkn777 wrote:
Quote:
ah I am too late. :roll:First thing I thought of was Digeridoo! Well I made my own this year and so it was an easy guess for me... nice photo!
You made your own? Wow, I would guess that it would be rather difficult. How about posting a photo of your own didgeridoo; I know I'd like to see it and I'm sure others would as well. Are you able to play the instrument yourself?

davephoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2005, 1:17 PM   #15

THKN777 I hope you post the one you made! I made one too out of ceramics. It's a little heavy but it sounds great. I was practicing design and the mixed clay effect. You know I just found out this was hard to photograph! This photo makes the one above really shine! he he -Freida
Attached Images

freidaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2005, 1:45 PM   #16

I often wondered exactly how this musical instrument was played. I got an opportunity to see an aboriginal Australian play (blow) one at a festival. Here's a marginal shot taken with the camera held above my head in awful lighting.

selvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2005, 3:31 PM   #17

I found this rather easy, as I noticed the status line in my browser helpfully tellingme that the image filename is "Didgeridoos.jpg".

Ho, ho, Alan T

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2005, 6:18 PM   #18

Nice picture! Well, I looked around on Google and found a site with Digeridoo sounds. The special thing¬* about playing¬*a Didgeridoo is circular breathing to create a¬*continuous drone. I have tried this many a time and still don't have it down. It really is an awesome mellow sound. Go here for the sounds:¬*http://www.didgeridoostore.com/soundsrhythms.html
freidaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2005, 4:59 PM   #19

davephoto wrote:
Quote:
aladyforty wrote:
Quote:
but I will go with the digeridoo:-)
Davephoto

A forty year mystery solved!The song "Tie ME kangaroo Down" was a hit here in the U.S. duringthe sixties. The song had a line... "Play your digeridoo boy"

I always wonder what in the world they were talking about. Now I know....

dale

thatsanicepicture2 is offline   Reply With Quote