Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Oct 17, 2005, 9:20 PM   #1

Here are a couple shots of the objects of my several passions. This is my digital darkroom, general computing center, and gaming center. Two computers are visible in the first shot along with a flatbed scanner, film/slide scanner, Epson R200 printer, light box (to look at slides and negs), PDA, flat screen monitors for both computers, speakers for main computer, and a stereo speaker connected to the stereo downstairs. Not visible, sitting on top of that stereo speaker, is the DSL modem and router.

The second picture shows, in addition the the items in the first picture, an Epson Photo 1270 printer and paper selection tray.

I probably spend more time at this workstation than any normal person ought to!

Cal Rasmussen

calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 18, 2005, 7:04 AM   #2

And you forgot to mention the little bookends of a young boy playing piano, another one of your talents!

That's a lot of equipment Cal! You reminded me that I have a slide projector and and big box of old slides handed down from my mom that I should go through some time.

Now tell us...............which do you prefer?? If you were only allowed to keep ONE piece of equipment, which would it be? And yes, I said ONE!

Thanks for sharing a part of your world,

Rose
mommy_culleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2005, 9:19 AM   #3

Rose, you ask a very difficult question. If your question references the two photos, it is even more difficult since most everything in the photos is interdependent. The only thing that can be used alone is the PDA.

I did about a dozen shots of this scene, with and without flash. In a couple of them, I placed my Nikon D100 in front of the keyboard. Now, if I had posted one of the shots with the camera in it, my answer would have to be the camera. However, even it can't stand alone. Eventually, the microdrive will fill up and must be downloaded. So, all things considered, I guess it would have to be the pen and pencil holder or the box of kleenex! :lol:

Regarding the bookends, they are actually little figurines given to me by my wife. The one on the left is a little boy typing on his computer with his faithful dog looking on. The one on the right is the boy sitting with his arm around the dog.

Both photos above were shot with my Minolta S414.

Cal Rasmussen

Old Oct 24, 2005, 2:36 AM   #4

Cal, reach down on your left and dust off that speaker! It's really buging me! he he -Freida
freidaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2005, 10:24 AM   #5

Hey! That's my wife's side of the wrap-around desk. It's her job to clean the speaker on her side! Don't tell her I said that! :blah:

Since my wife is at work, I used my favorite cleaning tool, PSP9, and removed the dust. You might have to clear your browser cache to see the change.

Cal
Old Oct 24, 2005, 1:03 PM   #6

Ah! That's better! And I learned something new about clearing my Cache to refresh the pictures! Thanks! I think that the photo you took could have looked a little more sexy, for those techies out there, by better lighting. Lower the lights and have seductive colors on the monitor with maybe a colored light bulb ain a modern desk lamp. Just to give it a cool modern look. The bright lights do not do it justice. Well, maybe to see the wood grain in the desk it's good! Just my opinon. Freida
freidaw is offline   Reply With Quote