Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Oct 26, 2005, 8:57 AM   #1

I think I posted this long ago but it's one of my favorite. It was taken in 1991when the girls were 8 years old. They put on the complete opera on our front porch. This was a summer project for the 2 of them. They did all the costumes, set designs, props and so on. They lip-synced the entire play perfectly note for note. ( thank you Colm Wilkinson)

Notice the Phantom is wearing Little Mermaid socks?? Ah..........those were the days

Rose

Attached Images

mommy_culleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 26, 2005, 9:13 AM   #2

Rose

Now there's a standout for the old family album. A cherished memory of a carefree summer for those daughters of your's. Thanks for sharing it.

Walter
Walter C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2005, 10:46 AM   #3

Shakespeare once said it very well,

All the world's a stage and ....

A definite keeper for the family album.

Aloha
selvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2005, 11:24 AM   #4

What a great idea. It gives the kids something to do and teaches them literature and drama at the same time. The fact that they enjoyed it is a credit to those who helped them (e.g. Mommy!)

Cal
calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2005, 1:47 PM   #5

Thanks for the comments guys. A couple of misconceptions though....

My daughter is "The Phantom" and her friend , Jessie who lived next door is "Christine".

"Carefree summer", definately not! They worked day in and day out practicing.Vacations were planned around theirrehersing. On rainy days they practised the songs in Jessies room and on sunny days it was on the porch. The music NEVER stopped, unless they were sleeping. The entire neighbourhood probably knew thecomplete soundtrack by the end of the summer.

And Cal, this was ALL the girls idea. Jessie heard of the play first, got the tape and shared it with Ilena. Then their little minds were rolling and spewing out all these ideas to put on the play. All I did was provide the porch, make up, and a poster of a chandelier. They glued it on a big piece of cardboard and cut it out, tied it to a string and hung it from the porch roof. Oh, the masks were made out of the covers of their colouring books.

They did 4 other plays after that, one per summer. It was definately fun and they BOTH are definately performers in every sense of the word!!

I'm very glad I have pictures and a video of the best summers ever.

Rose

Old Oct 28, 2005, 5:47 PM   #6

Hi Rose,

This is a great shot, children are a great reason to spend some good bucks on a good camera.

I'm just curious about what kind of camera / scanner you used for this picture (regarding the date it's obvious that it was a film camera).

Regards
schmiedel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2005, 1:20 PM   #7

Well, you're right about it being a film camera. It was a Nikon, nothing fancy, no big lenses or filters ..... just a nice little Nikon. I believe I paid $140.00 for it. Actually it took a lot of great shots.

The scanner was an HP. It wasn't expensive either. I say "was" because it belongs to my daughter and unfortunately she took it with her to university. I miss it :sad:. ( of course I miss her too) I plan on saving up and getting a realy good scanner. I have a big collection of old photos that I'd love to put on the computer and play around with!!

All I did withthis photoin PS was crop it a bit and take out some of the noise.

Thanks for asking,

Rose
Old Oct 31, 2005, 9:33 AM   #8

You know, I asked because I have some pictures taken by a professional photographer this year, but they are also taken with a film camera (a reflex camera). The coloring of all these pictures is quite similar, and I've never managed to get this kind of coloring on digital camera pictures, that's why I asked.

Regards
schmiedel is offline   Reply With Quote