Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Nov 5, 2005, 1:29 AM   #1

I took so many pictures at the fair! I found this one of this cowboy singer. He had a dirty white sheet behind him that matched his dirty white hat! But he sang good! His picture was in my 'Day at the Fair Photo Essay Movie' here:¬*http://homepage.mac.com/freidaw/Frei...Theater36.html Here is some tech info about the picture.¬* Shutter 1/250, ISO 400, 300mm Focal Length, Aperture f5.6. I sharpened as much as I could. It was hand held so I notice it's a bit out of focus. What do you think? -Freida
Attached Images

freidaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 5, 2005, 2:28 AM   #2

Technical merits aside, this performer has a face that time has lovingly carved. It's not pretty but it certainly shows every bit of wear and tear imaginaeable.

Yes, you're right the slight out of focus probably lessened the impact of the erosion lines etched in his face.

Well done...

Aloha
selvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2005, 1:39 PM   #3

This is a great shot Freida! I know I need new glasses and all but it doesn't seem out of focus to me.

This is a great character shot and I can hear the type of country he sings just by looking at the picture. Hank Williams would be proud.

Great capture,

Rose
mommy_culleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2005, 2:03 PM   #4

Thanks! I love old faces with all their character lines. Older people and interesting faces combined with¬*impromptu shots of them are even more fun! He saw me taking his picture here however.
Old Nov 5, 2005, 2:52 PM   #5

The condition of the hat and backdrop don't change the music that comes from the heart. Nice shot.

Freida, I deleted your duplicate posts. With this software, it is easy to make duplicate postings, especially when replying to someone else. You hit the send button and if the system is slow and you are distracted, you look back and think it hasn't posted and hit it again! :angry: I've done it many times. Now that I've got the "power" buttons, I can delete the dupes.

Cal

calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2005, 2:54 PM   #6

oooo I'd better be nice too! Or you'll have me deleted! ha ha Thanks Cal! You're right, I think I got distracted! -Freida