Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Nov 5, 2005, 2:03 AM   #1

When I first recieved my camera my husband was watching Gunsmoke while I was sitting on the couch reading the little manual that came with it. I snapped a couple of pictures and this one just happened to be right between scenes. I like the cool glow. I tried it B/W but it losses something. Kinda strange huh? -Freida
freidaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 5, 2005, 2:35 AM   #2

Hauntingly interesting. It strikes a chord in me.

At first I coulda sworn you caught female a ghost watching the Gunsmoke character do his thing on TV with the pocket watch. It sorta reminded me of some of the opening scenes in Rod Serling's "Twilight Zone" TV series.

Sometimes it pays to be at the right place at the right time. Once again, serendipity wins out over science and skill.

Aloha

selvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2005, 9:19 AM   #3

Capturing television images without the aid of electronic apparatus, is very tricky. A shutter speed of 1/60th (or is it 1/30th) or slower is required to capture the entire frame of a tv image.

I'm not sure what your shutter speed was but I think you had the serendipity factor set to maximum! When I first saw the image, I was thinking "Outer Limits" or "Twilight Zone". Cool shot!

BTW, I have some shots of the original Gunsmoke movie set which I will post if anyone is interested. They were shot in southern Utah about five years ago.

Cal Rasmussen

calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2005, 1:37 PM   #4

Cal, either we are in a time warp or I missed something .............. Gunsmoke was on t.v. when I was little, and that was far more than 5 years ago!!

You've got my curiosity going again so how about posting those shots!!

Rose
mommy_culleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2005, 1:51 PM   #5

Rose, they replay them over and over again on cable. It's on everyday forever and ever and ever! This I know first hand! -Freida
freidaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2005, 2:01 PM   #6

Yes, it's been a long time since the Gunsmoke series was filmed but the original movie set has been preserved. It is in southern Utah a short distance east of Kanab, about midway between Bryce Canyon NP, Zion NP, and Grand Canyon.

It was about five years ago that I visited the site. There is another preserved movie set about 40 miles east of the Gunsmoke set. It is in the Pariah River Canyon. There have been over 200 movies filmed in that location. I have pictures of both. All I have to do is upload them to Photobucket and create an album.

Cal
calr is offline   Reply With Quote