Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Nov 28, 2005, 9:24 PM   #1

Do you guys know where this picture was taken?

You do ! ! ! OK... Then what is the proper name for the main tools here? (the two identical ones closet to the camera)

dale

Attached Images

thatsanicepicture2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 28, 2005, 10:08 PM   #2

It's an ice cream shop but I can't remember the name. The ice cream is soft and they scoop it out onto that work surface and mix other ingredients with it. The first time I saw one of these was in Hawaii but recently, I have seen one in the Portland area.

Nice shot. Is that ice cream between the scoops or something else?

Cal

(edit) I just rembered the name. It's Coldstone Creamery or something similar to that. My wife says they call those scoops "paddles."
calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2005, 8:37 AM   #3

Cal,

Your so good at this. As for the scoops... They aren't scoops... They are spades. For digg'n in ice cream. BTW That was my order of Sweet Cream with black cherries and chocolate shavings.

dale

Old Nov 29, 2005, 10:05 AM   #4

I saw this on the Ellen D. show one time!! If I had money I would by a franchise and have one of those shops up here!! It's not just delicous but it's fun too!!

Great choice for this challenge!! Very colourful and yummy

Rose
mommy_culleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2005, 11:16 AM   #5

I just noticed that work surface doesn't look any too clean! It looks like it has been wiped off in the vicinity of that glob of ice cream but look at either side. It looks quite dirty. I hope I'm wrong.

Cal

Old Nov 30, 2005, 5:51 PM   #6

Cal,

Cal, Cal,Cal. The place is called "Coldstone". Let us ponder that.....

Class ! ! Can anybody explain this to Cal....

dale

Old Nov 30, 2005, 6:50 PM   #7

I don't want to sound naive but are you saying that surface is refrigerated (seems logical) and the "dirty" areas are frost or moisture?

Cal

Old Nov 30, 2005, 8:38 PM   #8

Hi Cal,

Dale was nice enough not to include me in the picture! I was the Super Scooper of the day when Dale came in and ordered his own creation. The work surface is a granite slab that is kept at 16 degrees. It is called a frost top. It allows us to scrape the frost off for each fresh creation, keeping the creation we are working on nice and cold. Come try us out sometime.

Krystal
krysphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2005, 8:45 PM   #9

calr wrote:
Quote:
I don't want to sound naive but are you saying that surface is refrigerated (seems logical) and the "dirty" areas are frost or moisture?
Yes sireee bobby. It keeps the ice cream from melting while they mix in the good stuff.Some people like to pick stuff as they mix it, some really take their time and the staff never hurries you. Don't forget to leave a tip. They start singing and some of those kids are good. They had to audition to get jobs there. BTW That pile of good stuff in the picture is already gone. ( HEY ! I had help ! )OH WAS IT GOOD! I also highly recommend the cakes. You'll never buy anotherice cream cake from that other place again.

dale

PS: No I don't own the store.
Old Nov 30, 2005, 9:31 PM   #10

krysphil wrote:
Quote:
Hi Cal,

Dale was nice enough not to include me in the picture! I was the Super Scooper of the day when Dale came in and ordered his own creation. The work surface is a granite slab that is kept at 16 degrees. It is called a frost top. It allows us to scrape the frost off for each fresh creation, keeping the creation we are working on nice and cold. Come try us out sometime.

Krystal
WOW! We got it right from the... ( No... Wait... Better think of a different way to say this... ) Right fromthe "Queen" of the ice cream.

dale

PS: Thanks again to Cal for inviting us down here. He even got a newbie (Krystal) to post. All he said was her counter was dirty.