Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Jan 10, 2006, 12:46 PM   #1

My first attempt at a somewhat still life shot. If nothing else, it was nice getting the clubs out again. Too bad they had to go right back in the bag.Any comment is welcome, also any ideas to improve.Thanks.
Attached Images

GoCubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 10, 2006, 2:32 PM   #2

Nice shot. Well composed, good exposure, and sharp. Very well done.

Something bothers me, however. Everything looks so clean and shiny, just like you were doing a photo layout for a golf pro shop! Do you use those items or just display them to look good! :-):-)

As for me, I subscribe to the Bill Cosby philosophy on golf although it certainly wouldn't hurt my waistline to go out and give it a try.

Cal

calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2006, 2:39 PM   #3

calr wrote:
Quote:
Everything looks so clean and shiny, just like you were doing a photo layout for a golf pro shop!

Well, I think I will take that as a compliment! They do get used a lot in the summer, but they are currently under a layer of dust in the garage since my home corse is under snow. The balls and tees are new by way of Santa and the club got a little shining up before the shoot, but there is some remaining dirt.

Thanks for the comment, sometimes I subscribe to the Mark Twain philosophy that Golf is a good walk spoiled!

Old Jan 11, 2006, 3:27 PM   #4

The crux of the Bill Cosby philosophy is that "Golf is Dumb!" He explains in much more detail but I won't go into that!

Cal

calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2006, 8:23 PM   #5

I noted your clubis used with the few small dings on the head of the driver.

Suggestions for improvements are few since the shot is well done.

How about three different colored tees, use Titleist 1, 2, and 3 balls. as you will note these are rather picky and very personal.

Aloha
selvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2006, 10:35 PM   #6

Yeah Cal, I suppose when you get right down to it, chasing a little white ball around a field is pretty dumb, but then again so are all sports if you break them down that far. I am teaching the game to my kids in hopes that even when I am old a grey, they still might like to spend a few hours with the old man chasing that little ball.

selvin wrote:
Quote:
Suggestions for improvements are few since the shot is well done.

How about three different colored tees, use Titleist 1, 2, and 3 balls. as you will note these are rather picky and very personal.

Aloha
Thanks Selvin, I honestly appreciate it. I had thought about different colored tees, but the only new ones I have are white. Also thought about different numbers, but since this challenge was about the number 3, I used 3 number 3 balls, 3 tees, my 3 wood and the head cover with the 3 tag showing. I do thank you for your ideas though. Any and all are welcome.