Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Jan 11, 2006, 10:52 PM   #1

I can't believe I didn't think of this sooner. I was browsing through the challenge images and saw Frenchy's ring photo. He said that there wasn't an obvious "3" in it, and I thought, "Well, it's got 3 dimensions."

I used to draw red and blue 3d cartoons when I was a kid. Don't know why it never occured to me to try it with photos. Go get your red/blue 3D glasses and check this out.

If you've seen the old movie Jason and the Argonauts, you should recognize this guy.

Here's the instructions to make one of these:
http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/pho...3danaglyph.htm

Obviously you need to take 2 photos. I learned that they shouldn't be too far apart though. For the images I used here, I probably moved the tripod 1.5" inches. I actually took 4 photos, gradually tapping the camera over. I then tried a few variations and picked the one that seemed the most 3D-ish.
Corpsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 12, 2006, 12:05 AM   #2

I am sorry but this does not qualify for the challenge. The photo you referred to did have the number "3" in the corner. However, 3d does not even come close. I suggest you try the "Digital Art" forum.

Cal

calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2006, 7:51 PM   #3

I thought long and hard about this one and re-read the challenge several times. I have to side with Cal, the instructions are fairly specific, the number "3" or it's equivalent (three, III, etc) has to appear somewhere.

Cheers

selvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2006, 8:51 PM   #4

I wasn't actually posting this as part of the challenge, and strangely I don't recall putting "3 is the number" in the name of the topic. I only posted it here because the "3" challenge is what provoked the thought of trying this and I thought some people might find it amusing. I could have gone for an image with a "3" theme, or put the title "Talos 3D!" on it in 3D, but I only intended to post this for entertainment.
Corpsy is offline   Reply With Quote