Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Jan 17, 2006, 9:30 PM   #1

The phrase, "Eat your fruits and vegetables," has been part of our psyche mostly because of the media and partly because they're good for you. Well in the siprit of being good for you our challenge this week involves fruits and vegetables,

Obviously pictures of fruits and vegetables qualify. At first I was going to use only fruits but then again didn't wish to become embroiled in the controversy of differentiatingbetween fruits and vegetables.

Still life pictures, macros, studio shots, growing ones, dried ones, colorful ones, fruit mongers selling them, your local supermarket or mom and pop stores, use your imagination.

Remember to post "Fruits and Vegetables" in your subject line when posting. Good nutrition lies ahead.

Here's an example:

selvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 17, 2006, 10:03 PM   #2

OK, what is it? I think I've seen something like that, perhaps when I was crusing last fall but I don't know what it is.

Cal

calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2006, 5:53 AM   #3

I believe itmay bea banana flower.
vsch1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2006, 1:50 AM   #4

Yes, it's a banana flower. I did cheat a tad since this is not the edible variety.

This is the edible variety:

Banana plants bear yellow flowers which develop into the familiar yellow cylindrical fruit. The plant bears fruit only once.
Bananas were brought to Hawaii by the Polynesian voyagers in their early trips to Hawaii.
The purple pod containing flowers that fail to bear fruit at the tip of the stalk are eaten in some Asian countries.

selvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2006, 7:33 PM   #5

Well, they're fruits and vegetables. Does it matter if they're made of papier mache? ( kitchen-table still-life, Fuji S5200 in Normal Light mode, last rays of sunshine)
Attached Images

toshi43 is offline   Reply With Quote