Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Feb 4, 2006, 2:15 PM   #1

This was taken when i went to the zoo on tuesday. This was the¬* frist decent shot of fruit that i've seen since the start of the challenge.¬*It was the best thing to come out of a really crap day.¬*1 - A zoo in the uk when it's -3 is going to be a place with great inactivity.¬*2 - glass (2" gorilla proof) is not the best thing to take photos through.¬*3 - The tropical house is really tropical¬* which gives the corolary¬*¬* 3a - going from -3 to tropical will result in instant condensation¬* 3b - there will be some equipment error which will spoil your best shots ( a sloth from 1 foot, some lovely large lizzards, a few turtles, and a very funny bird)4 - The UK in midwinter can be a very dark place5 - don't be afraid to wildly experiment with manual control,s even if you've only got a rough idea of what you need to do.¬*PS - sorry it's late - been working nights.¬*
Attached Images

mooseboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 5, 2006, 2:04 AM   #2

Mooseboy,

I think you should get a rewrad for persistence, perseverance, and plain stamina.

Lovely shot given the conditions. However I'm going to show my ignorance, what are they. Obviously some sort of fruit but what kind?

Aloha
selvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2006, 3:39 AM   #3

Err, um, erm, well, they, um, er, would, um, *shuffles feet*, um, er, <quiet voice> i don't know </quiet voice>I never thought about looking more, i just passed them and thought 'oo berries - they're fruit', then framed the shot, and took it, and hoped that it would turn out ok.¬*I might play around with photoshop and make everything black and white apart from the one berry that is in focus and see how it looks.¬*What do u think ?¬* ¬*
mooseboy is offline   Reply With Quote