Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Mar 10, 2006, 2:00 AM   #1

Circles on the beach....
Attached Images

HOKIEGIRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 10, 2006, 2:23 AM   #2

Hokie girl,

I didn't count all the circles and I am assuming - maybe I'm wrong, you're not considering submitting the one under the bikini top?

I guess there may be some noise about the appropriateness of the picture but I think it's a PG-rating.

Don't think much about the composition but then again that may not have been the primary purpose.

Aloha
selvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2006, 3:13 AM   #3

yeah I know the composition is bad..... I was trying to edit out some other more obvious features.... I am just trying to experiment.... not knew to taking pictures, but I am new to having critiques, which I love! It's what makes us better!!!
Old Mar 10, 2006, 3:39 AM   #4

altered image and posting moved to another thread -->

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=55
thkn777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2006, 9:41 AM   #5

This is one of those photos that I have to ponder. I usually consider myself quite the liberal, but when it comes womens dress, especially bathing suits, I tend to be conservative. I have never cared much for string bikinis. The person wearing one might as well not be wearing anything!

All that said, I agree with Selvin. The composition is not good and the lighting inot good either.

As for thkn's edits, the digital art forum is a couple doors up the street. Unless specifically allowed by an individual challenge, we don't want to see digital manipulations here. Standard adjustments such as cropping, sharpness, color balance, and contrast are fine. The object of this forum is to make a better photographer out of each of us, not a better user of PS.

Cal

calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2006, 2:20 AM   #6

calr wrote:
Quote:
This is one of those photos that I have to ponder. I usually consider myself quite the liberal, but when it comes womens dress, especially bathing suits, I tend to be conservative. I have never cared much for string bikinis. The person wearing one might as well not be wearing anything!

All that said, I agree with Selvin. The composition is not good and the lighting inot good either.

Cal

Cal,

Everyone has their taste in woman's swim suits...

I think you are right about the composition. I actually did not take the picture... and it was a cropped picture of one that was taken, I was trying to be creative, and I am not sure it turned out as I hoped it wouuld.
Old Mar 13, 2006, 4:10 AM   #7

@Calr
- It was not intended to be digital art
- The nova effect was only because I felt the viewer would feel more comfortable to have a source for the light
- I just wanted to show an idea, because I feel that a good idea behind a picture makes it even better (and no - I don't want to say that YOU have to like my idea). Furthermore: how do you want to learn if not by example...
- All in all I think you misunderstood what I wanted to do, BUT
- I am not the one to break some rules here which I might find way too restrictive sometimes and don't want to interfere with the idea and concept behind the weekly challenge itself, because I enjoy the ongoing discussions very much.

So sorry for the attempt, moved the posting to another board and hope we got this out of the way now - ok?

calr wrote:
Quote:
As for thkn's edits, the digital art forum is a couple doors up the street. Unless specifically allowed by an individual challenge, we don't want to see digital manipulations here. Standard adjustments such as cropping, sharpness, color balance, and contrast are fine. The object of this forum is to make a better photographer out of each of us, not a better user of PS.

Cal
thkn777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2006, 8:44 AM   #8

I see the circles.If there was more sun light then shade I think the picture would have turnned out better

yame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2006, 7:07 PM   #9

I do find this shot interesting and not for the obvious reasons. 1. The definition/sharpness of the light green circles. They almost look out of focus. Is this reality or an artifact of the camera? 2. I do wish there was more of the left side and the bottom. Then it would be a better statement of current fashion & style ( piercings, sunglasses, body image, etc...) I think it could be improved... but I think the subject material needs to be saved for future generations. I still love looking at really really old beach photographs but quite often, as snapshots, they lack an exploration of details.

Keep exploring!!!
RedRhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2006, 12:42 AM   #10

Being a Brazilian, string bikinis do for me quite well. The smaller, the...oh well..

I likeyour idea, HOKIEGIRL.
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote