Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Mar 28, 2006, 2:53 PM   #1

Spring is my favorite time fo year....everything is new and fresh. These crocuses are against the house on the southern side. They always come up first to my great delight.
vsch1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 28, 2006, 3:44 PM   #2

Beautiful picture but what does it have to do with "Big--Small"?

Cal

calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2006, 6:08 PM   #3

Absolutely NOTHING Cal! :lol: But it is a great early start to the next challenge entitled "Spring has Sprung".

vsch1 .............. thanks for a great kick-off. I love the way you have them lined up in front of the camera. It gives a great perspective. I'm starting to feel better already. :-D

(Sorry Cal )

Rose
mommy_culleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2006, 6:32 PM   #4

I'm sorry, Rose and vsch1. I didn't realize the new challenge had been posted already. I am working a new job and don't have as much time to pay attention to these things as I have in the past six months.

Rose, you have two PMs waiting.

As I said, this is a beautiful photo and it has nothing to do with Big-Small because Cal had a senior moment!!

Cal

Old Mar 29, 2006, 1:51 AM   #5

I haven't seen a display like this since I left Northwestern University in Evanston, Illinois just North of Chicago. The purple and white crocuses were a great way to welcome the spring after another frigid winter.

Great job. The purple renders pretty accurately on your camera. A lot of times purple ends up being blue.

Aloha and thanks for sharing.
selvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2006, 7:31 AM   #6

Very nice color. I am reminded of all of those people who insisted that digital cameras are incapable of recording purple. (There was a whole discussion on dpreview.com) where some people when o great lengths to 'prove' that capturing purple was impossible. Obviously, it isn't.
Meryl Arbing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2006, 8:16 AM   #7

I don't think purple is a problem. On the other hand, I have had a lot of trouble with red just like color print film. I thought I had gotten away from the problem with digiital but I find that when shooting red flowers, details are lost and the contrast is not that good.

Cal

Old Mar 29, 2006, 8:46 AM   #8

Thanks for the compliments, I appreciate them.

Like Cal, I have aproblem with red...just can't get it right, it always seems to be blown.
vsch1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2006, 12:23 PM   #9

Here is one of the "digital can't render purple' postings from dpreview: The original poster complained that when he took a shot of purple flowers, they came out blue. I showed that the flowers were in the shade and so were effected by the bluish tint of the shadows...but not everybody bought that.

" you are running into an inherent problem of all digicam sensors .. they are not sensitive to purple .. they render it as blue but no one ever seems to notice unless one is very critical about colors ..

I've conducted some tests with someone on the Canon forum using an S2 .. and that one seems even worse than our beloved H1 here :-)

check this link .. these guys noticed and make a living out of it :-)

http://www.tribecalabs.com/index.html "
Meryl Arbing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2006, 2:30 PM   #10

Great picture. I love the perspective and composition. And for the record, they do look pretty purple to me!!!
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote