Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Apr 4, 2006, 1:17 PM   #11

I'm sorry but this Photchopped image does absolutely nothing for me. Some people like this sort of thing but not me. I prefer the original image.

Cal

calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2006, 1:30 PM   #12

Oh, I agree!

It reminds me of a Mikhail Chemiakin abstract that I saw in a gallery in San Francisco about 17 years ago. I was playing around with Photoshop with the kids and they thought it was "way cool" what one could do.

My use of Photoshop Elements is almost exclusively limited to 1) color, 2) brightness/contrast, 3) sharpening. Beyond that it's dangerous (as you can see) and I normally don't travel there.
as41shots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2006, 10:00 PM   #13

I love it! Very nice angle you got there and the color saturation is perfect. It looks the kind of color that would come out of a Canon (S2 or Rebel perhaps???). I'm debating whether I agree with fofa about the house being distracting or not. Although I'd prefer the house to be blurred a bit more, the flowers are so strong in the foreground that it catches my eyes every time I look at it.
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2006, 11:14 PM   #14

Tullio wrote:
Quote:
I love it! Very nice angle you got there and the color saturation is perfect. It looks the kind of color that would come out of a Canon (S2 or Rebel perhaps???). I'm debating whether I agree with fofa about the house being distracting or not. Although I'd prefer the house to be blurred a bit more, the flowers are so strong in the foreground that it catches my eyes every time I look at it.
Thanks.. and you are right. It was a Canon 20D with a Tokina 12-24mm f/4. As you can tell I was just inches from the daffodils. I should have made sure the lens was wide open to f/4... not sure if it was or not.

Edit - I just checked and it was shot at f/8. If I get a chance I will reshoot at f/4 and see what happens to the house, and will post the results.
as41shots is offline   Reply With Quote