Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Apr 8, 2006, 2:26 AM   #1

its a little out of focus but i like it
downton56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 9, 2006, 1:42 PM   #2

Downton56,

Photo defnitely has the qualities of a spring shot. You are correct the slight out of focus is a tad distracting. Somehow us photographers have to figure out a way to communicate to branches and other apects of mother nature, to arrange themsleves neatly rather than in a helter skelter fashion. It's just plain rude of them to hide some of the spire in the wrong places.

Aloha
selvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2006, 2:01 PM   #3

To me, this shot is "busy." The tree branches with their beautiful blossoms are fighting with the church tower for attention. I think a different shooting location where you could still have the blossoms in the picture along with a clear view of the church tower.

Another option would be to use a shallower depth of field by stopping down the lens. This would put the blossoms in focus and force the church out of focus.

These are just some suggestions. Try different locations, different dof, and other variations and see what you get. Digital film is cheap! You don't have to worry about wasting film!

Good luck to you. Do come back and show us more!

Cal

calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2006, 2:07 PM   #4

i will do my best to get som more pictures with blossom ive got plenty without but would not meet criteria

Thanks for the suggestions gives me conferdance to post more

downton56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2006, 12:36 AM   #5

I once again tend to agree with Cal. The flowers are too far away, competing directly with the church's tower. However I don't think it would be possible to obtain a much different DOF because of the distances between the photographer, the tree and the tower unless the angle of the photowas different. It may be possible to blur the tower in PS, though.
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote