Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Apr 11, 2006, 5:41 PM   #1

What I like about this picture is that it has a disorienting quality to it. The sun appears to be rising between the bay and the mountains behind it. Of course, the sun is actually behind the clouds, and the appearance on the bay is all reflected light. This was taken a couple of weeks ago on my vacation, from the hotel room balcony in Corfu.
Attached Images

tclune is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 11, 2006, 8:07 PM   #2

Very nice. I would be curious how it looked about 15 minutes later. Anything more than that and the magic of the moment would be lost.

Cal

calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2006, 1:40 AM   #3

You're right I can't argue, the sun seems to be in the wrong place.

Love the reflection and the play of light on the surface of the water.

Cheers
selvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2006, 11:24 AM   #4

An interesting trick of light...I like it! This image of water portrays serenity which must have been wonderful to relax and observe. Nice!!

~~StitchBabe~~
StitchBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2006, 4:18 PM   #5

I think selvin picked a theme that will keep us all very, very busy for the next couple of weeks. I'm glad this is not a contest forum for it would be very difficult to pick one over another. This is on pleasant sunset but I share the same feeling as Cal. Another 20 minutes and the colors would have been incredible!
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2006, 6:22 PM   #6

Tullio wrote:
Quote:
This is on pleasant sunset but I share the same feeling as Cal. Another 20 minutes and the colors would have been incredible!
Actually, it was in the morning. As I mentioned in my notes, the sun had already fully risen and was behind the cloud. If I had waited a couple more minutes, the cloud would have moved and the shot gone.

ETA: This was my first trip to Greece. The air is quite polluted, which I think accounts for being so red so late in the morning (the exif data says it was 1:00 AM, but that's Boston time. If memory serves, Greece is 7 hours ahead, which would make it 8:00 AM). I guess there's an upside to air pollution...
Old Apr 12, 2006, 6:38 PM   #7

Ooop, my bad. Missed your comments totally (shame on me!). Lovely shot in any case!
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2006, 8:22 AM   #8

Tullio wrote:
Quote:
Ooop, my bad. Missed your comments totally (shame on me!). Lovely shot in any case!
No, I guess it's my bad. The thing that I had been enthralled by just doesn't seem to have been emphasized enough to get folks' attention in the photo. A photo that needs an essay to communicate isn't a very good photo. Oh, well....