Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Apr 15, 2006, 2:57 AM   #1

I know I'm stretching the concept here (selvin, please feel free to delete the entry if you think it does not qualify).I thought the idea of placing such a huge trunc as a bridge to crossthis tiny water stream was very interesting. Perhapsin certain timesof the year the stream gets very full and a bridge is actually needed!
Attached Images

Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 15, 2006, 9:34 AM   #2

I think this photo meets the challenge very well. It shows the stream during slack times and shows the environment very well. However, something about this photo bothers me. I am not sure what it needs. Possibly a bit more contrast or more color saturation. I just cant put my finger on it. I would have to play with it a bit in PSP to bring out the details more.

I think the problem is the photo looks "flat". It seems to lack depth or dimension. The composition is very good. That isn't the problem. As I said above, I think it is the exposure or saturation.

Cal

calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2006, 9:46 AM   #3

Hi Cal, thanks for your comments. I actually cropped the heck out of it to focus on the water as much as possible. Here's the full version of it. Any better?
Attached Images

Old Apr 15, 2006, 5:13 PM   #4

I agree with Cal, the challenge has been met. True the crop was fairly severe and that hurt the impact of the shot in this case.

However, at full size while the water is still there it is only a small part of the scene and the surrounding landscape takes over.

Obviously has Cal suggested this one will take quite a bit more work. May not be worth the extra effort.

Aloha
selvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2006, 9:59 PM   #5

Agreed, selvin. I'll put it to rest!