Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Apr 15, 2006, 7:12 PM   #1

And here you have my bet for this contest!

Some more water, under the form of the water you see in Venice. This picture came from my trip to Venice (feb 2006), hope you like it even when there is much darkness here. Aren't you tired of that day pictures from Venice? :-)
Attached Images

JaviZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 15, 2006, 8:17 PM   #2

Thank you for joining us. First, let me say that this is NOT a contest! Nobody is competing. It is just an opportunity for you to improve your skills by shooting pictures that relate to a posted topic or challenge. There is no judging. Criticism and comment by forum members are always welcome. The forum moderators will try to comment on all posted photos but that is not guaranteed. I know I have missed some.

That said, this is a really great photo. Yes, there have been thousands of pictures published of Venice during the day. It is, indeed, a pleasant change to see an excellent night shot of Venice. Good work.

Cal

calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2006, 10:00 PM   #3

Thanks for your warm welcome to these threads Cal! And yep i know there is no competition behind them, i choosed the wrong word. Sorry for that.
I'm pretty new to stevesforums but i'm really really enjoying them and i'm learning a lot every day.
It's great to have found this site (thx google!), i love to share one of my hobbies (the other one is fishing) with friendly peers.
Old Apr 16, 2006, 1:00 AM   #4

Great photo, JaviZ. It is indeed different to see a lifeless Venice. It gives me a creepy feeling for some odd reason. The exposure is perfect allowingthe few street lights to uncover enough detailfrom thesurrounding buildings.
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2006, 1:40 AM   #5

JaviZ,

If this were London, I would be listening for the hurried footsteps of the Baker Street Irregulars as they scurry off to do Sherlock Holmes' bidding amidst the dreary wharves of London. Great tonal control and the composition is right up there.

Aloha
selvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2006, 10:58 PM   #6

Thanks for the comments guys! I must confess i can agree with you about that creepy feeling...