Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Apr 29, 2006, 9:00 PM   #1

I went out this morning hoping to get shots of four different types of unique farms in northwest Oregon and considered myself lucky if I got two of them. Well luck was on my side and I managed to find examples of all four just before a big rain squall hit! I will post them, one at at time, over the next few days.

This picture shows a commercial nursery farm. Nursery farms produce the plants and flowers you find in your local nursery and garden shop. In this example, there are large fields that are covered with gravel. Thousands of potted shrubs and other plants are placed out in these fields to grow until they are ready to deliver to retailers. As you can see, they are placed very close together in groups and rows and irrigated with standard farm irrigation systems. There are many of these farms within a 20 mile radius of Portland.

Nikon D100, Sigma 28-70mm f2.8 lens.

Cal

calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 29, 2006, 9:14 PM   #2

Hi Cal! This is pretty cool, we just bought some arborvitae pines last week at Wal-mart. So this is where they come from. I look forward to seeing the rest of your series!

Bob
bhammitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2006, 5:16 AM   #3

Very nice composition. Love the lines.

Aloha
selvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2006, 12:41 PM   #4

This is indeed a very nice image...the exposure is grand and as Selvin said, the composition is awesome! Normally a white sky is unfavourable but it really contrasts nicely in this image with the whole scene!! I like the different shades of green also. DOF is wonderful...sharp front to back! Good for you Cal!

~~StitchBabe~~
StitchBabe is offline   Reply With Quote