Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old May 1, 2006, 12:57 PM   #1

I've not taken part in these challenges for quite a while. I only just noticed the challenge title today, but luckily I took this photo yesterday so thought I'd post it.

Here is the original for any purists out there

Paul(UK) is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 1, 2006, 6:07 PM   #2

I like the color photo the best. I am curious about something. Was this staged or do they still use horse drawn plows in that part of the world?

FYI, the first photo does not meet the challenge since it has been altered in PS or other editor.

Cal

calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2006, 2:21 AM   #3

calr wrote:
Quote:
I like the color photo the best. I am curious about something. Was this staged or do they still use horse drawn plows in that part of the world?

FYI, the first photo does not meet the challenge since it has been altered in PS or other editor.

Cal

The photo was taken at an open air museum. I think he ploughs that field all day long for the benefit of visitors. He took a break between each forrow. I'm not sure when they stopped plouging this way here.

As for the firstpicture not being suitable: I didn't realise until after I'd read your comments on other people's posts so I added the colour one after It's not a great photo that's why I did what I did to it.
Paul(UK) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2006, 4:50 PM   #4

Hi Paul, I personally think you did a great job aging the picture. When I first saw it, I thought you had scanned an old picture. Although I too prefer unedited photos, in this case I must admit you did a phenomenal job so I go with #1
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2006, 11:46 AM   #5

I thought the same as Tullio, that it was scanned from an old photo! I appreciate both images. Back in the day, those farmers and horses sure had their work cut out for them.

It's a nice composition. I thought it interesting how you captured a nice sharp image but your shutter speed was just slow enough to blur the motion of the horse's hooves as they walk on...very cool! :-)

~~StitchBabe~~
StitchBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2006, 11:54 AM   #6

Nice shot all that is missing are a few seagulls flying overhead looking for those tasty worms in the overturned earth
Geoff
limeyg is offline   Reply With Quote