Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old May 6, 2006, 2:02 AM   #1

Hope you find this shot interesting shows farming around the suburbs and industry.
Attached Images

miketuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 6, 2006, 2:27 AM   #2

Good snapshot but I think you've got some problems.

With some difficulty one can discern the farms. But it's not what I would call readily apparent.

Some of the lack of clarity may be an artifact of the compression into a smaller image.

Cheers
selvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2006, 2:37 AM   #3

Thanks for the much appreciated advice, I was not sure if this was suitable for the theme, yes the image was cropped not something I like doing.

Old May 6, 2006, 8:30 AM   #4

I don't think Selvin was referring to cropping. I think he was referring to resizing for the forum. Any time you resize a jpg image and resave it, you lose quality and sharpness. As far as that goes, any time you load and resave a jpg image, it loses quality. The more you load, edit, and save the worse it gets. There is no way to get that lost quality back.

This is an interesting landscape, but it really doesn't show farms that clearly. I see some fields and I think I can see some farm buildings in the distance but not sure. Overall, this shot doesn't appeal to me very much. It really doesn't have a specific subject. I would like to see you zoom in or move in closer to something in the picture to get some better detail and to give the picture a "purpose".

Selvin used the term "snapshot" in reference to this picture. I don't know if that was a Freudian slip or a reference to the quality of the photo. In either case, I think it is an accurate description.

Cal
calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2006, 9:29 AM   #5

Thanks selvin and Cal, I have to agree with all your comments, you only learn form mistakes, much appreciated.

Mike
Old May 9, 2006, 12:28 AM   #6

I like the idea behind the photo and your thinking process. However, I agree with both selvin and Cal's comments. There is definitely what appears to be a rural area adjacent to an industrial area but indications of a farm are not obvious. On a more technical side, you would greatly benefit from the use of a Haze/skylight filter or a warmpolarizer to reduce the bluish tone that dominates the entire background. One can hardly see the details on those hills or the industry.
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote