Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old May 9, 2006, 6:22 PM   #1

This is a shot from my recent vacation. It is in old town, Rhodes. The thing that I like about the shot, and the thing that makes it a good fit for the challenge, is that it uses the endless arches of the castle road as a frame, and the frame helps tell a story of contrast between the old and the new. Too often on these kinds of compositions, we are attracted to the frame that the long perspective makes, and never bother to fill it with something that completes the picture.

Attached Images

tclune is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 9, 2006, 7:12 PM   #2

This is a great picture but it does not contain any converging straight lines. Agreed, the perspective makes the successive arches appear smaller and makes for a wonderful picture, but, in my opinion, it does not meet the challenge. It doesn't have any straight lines or straight rows of objects that seem to lead to an imaginary point beyond the picture.

Selvin may disagree with me but I don't think so.

Cal

calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2006, 10:00 PM   #3

Tclune,

I agree with Cal, while this isn a lovely shot with the motorcyclist adding quite a bit of interest to the shot, the also fail to see any converging lines. The arches as frames are certainly a wonderful frame to give the picture added interest but no real lines are drawn.

Aloha
selvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2006, 10:49 AM   #4

I really enjoy this image but I do have to agree with Cal & Selvin.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"This challenge really helps us to discover what's out there....opens our eyes to see things in a new wayto capture photographically...there are many ideas out there...I surely hope you post again. I'd love to see more of your work!!

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"~~StitchBabe~~
StitchBabe is offline   Reply With Quote