Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old May 10, 2006, 12:44 AM   #1

Selvin, I believe you mentioned railroad as a popular subject for this Challange. I'm not sure a have a shot of a railroad but I do have this one taken from inside a train car.
Attached Images

Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 10, 2006, 8:59 AM   #2

Beautiful shot. You've got lines converging from all directions. I love the way this car has been so beautifully restored.

The only distraction in this shot is the reflection of the flash in the door-window. If the flash head is adjustable, you might try pointing it at the ceiling to reduce the reflection. If the flash is built into the camera, you could try taping a piece of translucent plastic or something similar over the front of the flash to diffuse the light.

Cal

calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2006, 10:25 AM   #3

Thanks for your comments, Cal. Yes, the reflection of the flash is annoying. Since it's built in, I'll try your suggestion next time I have the opportunity. I was also thinking about all PS experts we have here...perhaps someone could try to minimize the brightness in PS.
Old May 10, 2006, 11:04 AM   #4

Cal's tip about diffusing the flash does work even with a Kleenex tissue if you haven't got anything else. It takes some experimentation but it does work.

Yes, the interior of this restored car has been well done. I hate to think how much this cost to do.

Aloha
selvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2006, 12:46 PM   #5

Thanks for the comments and the Kleenex tip, Selvin. Perhaps I'll include a sheet in my camera bag so I have it at all times.
Old May 11, 2006, 11:46 AM   #6

Awesome image Tullio! I can see converging lines throughout this scene also.

What I have done in the past to avoid flash glare is to place my hand open palmed against the bottom of the flash, holdingmy handat a slight angle upwards so that the flash bounces upwards against the ceiling. It takes a bit of practise but it works for me! :G

~~StitchBabe~~
StitchBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2006, 12:18 PM   #7

Thanks for your comment and tip, StitchBabe. Now I have a couple of options to try to avoid that hot spot. Practicing at home firstmay be a very good idea!