Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old May 10, 2006, 1:42 AM   #1

This little creek ran right behind our hotel in Jackson. I took this casualshot with my LZ2 as I was going to the grocery store upon arrival.
Attached Images

Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 10, 2006, 8:14 AM   #2

Beautiful shot. I love the colors. It is marginal for the challenge although the lines formed by the bank of the stream do converge in the distance. It is Selvin's challenge so I'll let him decide.

Cal

calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2006, 10:31 AM   #3

Thanks again, Cal. Your comments are always appreciated. I thought the river banks formed a definite vanishing point at the very end but, as with everything, things are seen very differently by different people. I'm curious toread what Selvin (and anyone else) is going to say!
Old May 10, 2006, 11:11 AM   #4

Before I read Cal's comments the same thought popped into my head. While technically this qualifies, the vanishing point effect is marginal. Perhaps its effect is dimished by the uneveness of the banks of the stream. the eye keeps paying attention to the breaks in the lines of the straem.

Aloha
selvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2006, 12:32 PM   #5

Thanks for commenting, Selvin. You've got a point there but I think since a lot of the vanishing points are imaginary (Cal posted a couple of examples with yellow lines marking the point, one of them beingsomewhere out of the image), the un-evenness of the riverbank, although a bit distracting, should not prevent the side lines from meeting somewhere at an infinite point!
Old May 11, 2006, 11:34 AM   #6

I can somewhat see a vanishing point here, not so much starting in the foreground but it seems to start off in the distance and then I feel an abruption as it's been cut off. It may have been more effective if we could see the end of the stream.

~~StitchBabe~~
StitchBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2006, 12:21 PM   #7

I agree, StitchBabe but unfortunately that's how the picture was taken. I did not crop the end off but since the vanishing point is in most cases imaginary, I think it works here as well.