Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old May 12, 2006, 10:45 AM   #1

Here's my first try for this challenge, I posted both pictures together as they're from the same place.

schmiedel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 13, 2006, 2:03 AM   #2

Cool! The scenery is stunning...where abouts is this located?

~~StitchBabe~~
StitchBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2006, 9:26 AM   #3

Great shots! I love the color and composition. I think they both show a vanishing point but more so in the first.

The building constructions looks like something from the southwest part of the US but the mountains and background seem wrong for that part of the country.

Your location is not displayed so I have no idea where you are. If you would like to have your location displayed, click on "My Account" at the top of the forum to edit your profile.

Cal

calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2006, 8:58 AM   #4

Both pictures are taken in the same place, the first one is from the interior of this place. It's not a really church I have to say, it was a retirement place for the Franciscans in the middle of the "Sierra Gorda" from Queretaro. This place is quite interesting as it's located like 18 miles from a small town in the woods (with really cold climate), and you have to drive down through a really complicated path from 7500 feet to just 2100 feet. This place was abandoned a long time ago but it's now a tourist attraction. You won't go there too often as temperatures are really extreme (it's a semi-desert there).

It's called "Mision de Bucareli", here's some info:

http://www.tourbymexico.com/quere/pinal/pinal.htm
Old May 15, 2006, 12:30 PM   #5

I really like the second picture. Nice colors and composition. However, I find it difficult to pinpoint the vanishing point. I know I could stretch and draw lines showing it but I think the vanishing point should be somewhatobvious (like in your first picture).
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2006, 12:48 PM   #6

I feel that the vanishing point is quite clear in the second picture, it should be somewhere in the mountains. I'll post a few more pictures of that trip so you can understand a little bit more about the scenery (although these pictures won't fit into the challenge). I really like more humid climates better, but I found in this trip that arid places can also have a lot of interest.