Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old May 14, 2006, 5:37 AM   #1

I hope this meets the challange i think it might just pass found while looking for others to post but this is the nearest hope you like it
Attached Images

downton56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 14, 2006, 9:19 AM   #2

This is a nice shot of the church and spire but I do not see any converging lines or vanishing point. The angled lines of the spire do not count since they are not parallel to each other.

The idea behind this challenge is to shoot a picture which contains parallel lines or rows of objects that, if extended out, appear to meet at some distant point, the vanishing point. Obviously, parallel lines, by definition, can never meet. However, in a photograph, and in our minds, the lines appear to meet in the distance. This is perspective and can be used to produce some wonderful photographs.

Take a look at the examples in the challenge definition at the top of the forum and look at the many photos that have been posted. Read the comments on the posted photos to see why they did or did not meet the challenge. There have been some beautiful shots submitted that did not meet the challenge and some rather poor shots that did meet it.

Cal

calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2006, 10:19 PM   #3

Downton,

As Cal indicated this really isn't a vanishing point since the church spire converges naturally. Ditto to his other comments.

Urge you to take a look at previous accepted entries.

The following article might also help:

http://www.atpm.com/9.09/design.shtml

ASloha and keep clikcing away.
selvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2006, 10:51 AM   #4

thanks for the coments guys and thanks for the link to perspectives i now understand better and will try to get it right in future love the site and hope to enjoy it for many years to come i am only a beginer but trying to learn as much as i can and all the feed back is a great help in getting better results looking forward to the next challange
downton56 is offline   Reply With Quote