Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old May 14, 2006, 1:35 PM   #1

Another airport terminal scene...I just don't remember which one. Must have been late at night (no waiting).

Attached Images

Walter C is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 14, 2006, 4:18 PM   #2

The only comment I've got for this one is that there are converging line in the floor tiles. Other than that, I'll keep my thoughts to myself.

Cal

calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2006, 10:32 PM   #3

Walter, I have to agree with Cal, I can't find a vanishing point in this shot. Hope this wasn't meant to be bathroom humor.

Aloha
selvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2006, 12:24 AM   #4

I agree with selvin. I can not find any vanishing points. The converging lines (as Cal pointed out) look parallel to me.
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2006, 1:35 PM   #5

Look at the vertical lines in the floor tiles. They definitely converge on a point well beyond the wall.

I did not want to go into a lot of detail, because I don't think this shot is appropriate for the forum. I was somewhat offended when I first saw it.

Cal

Old May 16, 2006, 3:41 PM   #6

I agree with Calabout this photo being a bit offensive but I disagree with regards to the lines on the floor. If youeliminate the barrel distortion effect and draw lines in the floor tiles, they will be parallel to each other, even outside the frame (I'm not that proficient in PS but perhapsCal can crop off the toilets anddraw the lines so we can visualize itbetter).
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2006, 7:27 PM   #7

You guys were offended by the mere sight of a row of urinals?? While it is ok to discuss the merits of the picture, to be offended seems a little overboard dont't you think? How do you go about your day if you are that easily upset? Do I like the photo? Not really, but I was not offended, I was more curious as to whether Walter got any unusual looks walking into a restroom with a camera around his neck.:?

Edit: Looking at it again, maybe Walter meant to inject a little humor as this isthe place where the lines converge when you are waiting in line to your business so to speak.:blah:
GoCubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2006, 8:03 PM   #8

Regarding the lines on the floor, yes some of it is perspective distortion but, if you think about it, that is were a lot of the converging lines in our shots come from. This was obviously shot with a wide angle lens but I don't think that is totally responsible for the converging lines. If there were no perspective distortion, there would still be some convergence.

Cal

Old May 17, 2006, 8:52 AM   #9

GoCubs wrote:
Quote:
You guys were offended by the mere sight of a row of urinals?? While it is ok to discuss the merits of the picture, to be offended seems a little overboard dont't you think? How do you go about your day if you are that easily upset? Do I like the photo? Not really, but I was not offended, I was more curious as to whether Walter got any unusual looks walking into a restroom with a camera around his neck.:?

Edit: Looking at it again, maybe Walter meant to inject a little humor as this isthe place where the lines converge when you are waiting in line to your business so to speak.:blah:
I, too, was somewhat taken aback by the suggestion that the picture was offensive. Had the devices be in use I could understand it. I did intend it to offer a bit of humor, which I apparently failed to achieve. As it was very late, no one was around to give me suspicious glances.
Walter C is offline   Reply With Quote