Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old May 17, 2006, 8:54 PM   #1
Lan

Hi all,

I hope this is in reason of the vanishing point theme. This photo was taken a little while ago when I was walking around my city at night while trying to find different compositions of an old church.

Lan
Attached Images

Lan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 17, 2006, 9:07 PM   #2

Lan,

A very good shot in difficult lighting condtions. Yes, the vanishing point is clearly evident. Walking around with a camera late at night looking for pictures can be very good to your health but depending on where you are walking dangerous to your physical being.

I hope in the case of Brisbane, the former rather than the latter is true.

Focus is slightly soft but very understandable. I assume you weren't walking around with a tripod and thus handheld.

Aloha and welcome to our forum.
selvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2006, 10:11 PM   #3

Selvin, don't you realize that you must carry a tripod at night. That way, you have a weapon if someone bothers you. My tripod is heavy enough, I think it could be considered a lethal weapon.

Lan, I really like this shot. I like the geometry, the symmetry, and the vanishing point.

Good work.

Cal

calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2006, 2:02 AM   #4
Lan

Thanks guys,

Yes it was a bit late at night. All the same I had both my shooting eye and my other eye looking for trouble, but I thought being in the city church grounds I might of had a higher being looking out for me. This photo was taken handheld as I needed every opportunity to just run if something did happen. With that said though I do feel safe in my city for some strange reason. We're a very laid back type of people here in Australia, especialy here in Brisbane, Queensland.

Thanks for your comments.

Lan
Old May 18, 2006, 6:47 PM   #5

Very nice picture, considering the circumstances (as Selvin and Cal mentioned). Did you change the color effect to sepia or the sepia tones were obtained by the WB setting of your camera?
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2006, 7:27 PM   #6
Lan

Hi,

Yes I did change the colour tones via ps to sepia, reason being I wanted the focus on the wood structure of the walkway and try and draw the attention away from the surroundings of whatI was trying to create. Not to say the original shot was no good but sepia gave it just a more defined look(I hope), an older feel.

Thanks,

Lan