Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old May 18, 2006, 9:14 AM   #1

boardwalk
Attached Images

pacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 18, 2006, 9:28 AM   #2

Pacey

Nice shot. One must feel like a drunken sailor after negotiating that walk.

Walter
Walter C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2006, 6:43 PM   #3

Good picture. However, I think a bigger version would cause more impact and accentuate the subject further.
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2006, 6:59 PM   #4

thanks for the comments! i totally agree about the larger image size, but unfortunately i do not know how to break down an original size photo which is over 2 million bytes... all i have done is load my pics onto an online album page which automatically downsizes, then i save that photo and it is much smaller.... i would love to be able to control the size of my pictures.....any hints??
Old May 18, 2006, 7:14 PM   #5

I like this shot. It has a kind of antique, abandoned, "looking for a friend" look to it.

Don't you have a way to download your pictures to your PC? That is the obvious place to store them. With the photos on your PC, you can use any of the popular photoediting programs to crop, resize, and a myriad of other editing functions. I only upload photos to a public hosting site like Photobucket after I have backed up the original unedited version to DVD, and done my post processing.

Cal

calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2006, 7:24 PM   #6

yes i do put them on the pc right away, but they are so large... i am getting a copy of photoshop soon enough and i presume there is a way to crop and downsize there...for now i just go directly off of the camera and have not edited any of my pictures.
Old May 18, 2006, 7:31 PM   #7

Didn't you get some software with the camera? Most digital cameras include software for basic editing. You only need the higher end software if you are getting into some serious processing of your photos.

Cal

calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2006, 7:36 PM   #8

i will check the box when i get off work, to tell you the truth i got the camera around christmas time, tore it out of the box and started right away without looking into the software....will let you know with a few edited posts though. thanks for the comments and advice!
Old May 19, 2006, 12:19 AM   #9

Here's a suggestion...download Picasa, a free photo editor from Google. It's not nearly as powerful as PS but it's free to begin with AND it's very easy to use. It allows you to crop, adjust color saturation, color effect, sharpen, re-size, etc. I'm sure you'll find it very useful. Then, once you become familiar with its capabilities, you might need a tool that allows you to fine-tune your pictures. That's when PS comes to play!
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote