a dozen time!
tigerwings1st
tigerwings1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2006, 10:26 PM   #3

my icon didn't show - I said
tigerwings1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2006, 12:55 AM   #4

Daz,

I feel like a kid lost in a maze. I dont know where things begin and where they end. Despite all of that, the patterns and reflections are eye catching and reminds me of a kaleidescope.

Aloha
selvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2006, 8:12 AM   #5

I wouldn't want to look at that too long. I've been having enough headaches lately. :G

Which one is you?? I think I see at least a dozen self portraits here, perhaps far more.

Cal

calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2006, 10:55 PM   #6
daz

I was standing around waiting for the truck I was driving to get its oil changed (that can take a while when the amount of oil in the engine is in the gallons) when I looked in the bin of lug caps. Those are the caps they put over the lug nuts on the big truck to make them look pretty. The patterns looked interesting so took some pics. With all the highlights and the darks it was difficult to know how to meter it. I ended up bracketing it, this was the high side one.

It is kind of a self portrait as the person taking the photo has to be in it, but it is also kind of abstract in that what you see in it is in the eye of the beholder. With all the repetitive patters it keeps the eye looking at it.

When I took the pic the rest of the people waiting around for there trucks gave me some strange looks. They just were thinking some kind close up of parts in a bin. They were thinking what was interesting about that. But when I told them to look close and think like it would look in a photo then they got it.

Thanks all for the comments. When I took this I did not know what I was going to do with it. When this challenge cam up I thought it fit but I still don't know what to make of the photo.

DAZ
daz is offline   Reply With Quote