Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Jun 6, 2006, 9:42 PM   #1

I believe this has all three elements. Sunset light(in lower window panels), reflection (in upper window panels), and shadows (of trees on the building)

Attached Images

Walter C is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 7, 2006, 12:51 AM   #2

Walter,

The sunset has certainly produced a great warmth to the colors. Did you use a wide angle lens to get all of the building in?

I get the impression that you walk around with your camera ready for action given the wide scope of your entries. Nice work.

Aloha
selvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2006, 8:20 AM   #3

Nice shot, Walter. The sunset glow really adds to the scene. That's why they call the hour before sunset "The Golden Hour".

Is that the actual shape of the building or do we have some serious perspective distortion at work here. PSPX has a tool for dealing with perspective distortion. I think PS has one also. However, the distortion in this shot is probably more then either editor can handle.

I presume you used a wide-angle zoom here. A combination of a low show looking up and a wide-angle lens really emphasizes the distortion produced by the lens. Some ways to avoid it are to try to find a shooting location where you can get a more level shot and don't use the extreme limits of the zoom range on your lens.

Cal

calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2006, 8:36 AM   #4

I was shooting with a Tokina 12-24 f4 lens and was relatively close to the building, so that I was forced to shoot "up". I could have corrected the perspective in CS2 or Corel PhotoPaint X3, but I happened to like the distortion in this case.
Walter C is offline   Reply With Quote