Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Jun 20, 2006, 7:57 PM   #1

This week's challenge is a simple one but I hope we have a lot of fun with it.

The idea is to find a common household object and take it outside and photograph it in an uncommon or unexpected location. Some ideas might include a local schoolyard, city park, athletic field, parking lot, etc. Think outside the box.

Some cautionary notes--
1. Don't take anything fragile or valuable. The object could get broken or soiled during this exercise.
2. Take a roll of duct tape with you. I think you'll figure out what to do with it!.

Some ideas for objects to shoot include a tv remote, a dog toy, a candle, a ball, an item of cutlery, a tool from the garage, a bar of soap, etc. Use your imagination. Take two or three items and try them all in different settings. Don't forget the duct tape or gravity might interfere with your masterpiece shot!

Please put "DISLOCATED" in the subject line when you post.

We would like to see all new photos in this challenge. Too many people have been digging into their photo collection (mine has over 18,000 photos) and pulling out a photo to use. The original intent of the forum was to challenge you to go out and shoot with new ideas in mind. We have all gotten lazy, myself included!

Remember: 2 posts per day, 2 photos per posting.

Most important, Have fun!!

Here are a couple of examples. These were shot on the Portland waterfront about two weeks ago.

Please do not post your photos in this thread. Please post them in new messages.

Cal

calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links