Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Jul 28, 2006, 5:02 PM   #1
Mag

Finally got to the local rc club today, got to try out my new E500, this is the closest shot i got full zoom at 150mm (300mm 35mm Scale) 1600 shutter speed @ 6.3 ap and 320 ISO hand held slight cropping and sharpening no noise removal.

Attached Images

Mag is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 28, 2006, 5:31 PM   #2

As somebody who used to fly RC (very badly, I might add!), I can appreciate how hard it is to get a shot like that.

It's much more difficult trying to track an RC plane than a full size aircraft. They are hard enough to follow with two eyes...let alone with a camera stuck to your face. You did a great job of photographing an extremely difficult subject. 95% of all my attempts to photograph RC planes in flight have resulted in artsy blurs (that's why I switch to RC ships ).
Brent Gair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2006, 9:03 PM   #3

Switching to RC boats instead of airplanes for the sake of photography is a copout in my opinion.

This is a great shot of the biplane. Good work!

Cal

calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2006, 7:44 PM   #4
Mag

Brent Gair wrote:
Quote:
As somebody who used to fly RC (very badly, I might add!), I can appreciate how hard it is to get a shot like that.

It's much more difficult trying to track an RC plane than a full size aircraft. They are hard enough to follow with two eyes...let alone with a camera stuck to your face. You did a great job of photographing an extremely difficult subject. 95% of all my attempts to photograph RC planes in flight have resulted in artsy blurs (that's why I switch to RC ships ).
This is the only shot i was happy with, mostly because i got in close. I used to fly RC aswell, but crashed alot. I had better luck with gliders but its still tough once the ground comes into view...... I wouldnt mind getting descent size RC sailboat someday, not having to go through the expense and mess of fuel. I like watching them lean in the wind and can get going pretty fast actually. Our bay on lake michigan gets pretty good winds, too much some days, would definately want a sailboat of size. I could take pictures of my own sailboat and not worry about fuel in the workspace.

Best regards,

Logan
Mag is offline   Reply With Quote