Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Aug 28, 2006, 1:03 PM   #1
daz

OK, things that are moving and look it, yes. Things that are making other things like spray and sand, no. I'll go with that.

This was from back when I first purchase my *ist DS and I needed to have some idea what it could do. With that in mind I went looking to take photos that would push the camera so I could know what it could do. Just before I took this photo I was taking photos of people doing things around my. I saw this duck coming in so I put the camera in action mode and throw the camera up panning with the duck. The camera found and focused on the duck. Then it metered exposure for the duck, as that was what focused on. It then adjusted f stop and shutter speed biasing the speed high. It did all of this in about 1-2 seconds.

Now I know I can do all of this my self and maybe even better but not without losing the shot. I also know there are probably other cameras that can do all this better but for me this is just one more tool I can use when I need to.

As this was one of the first photos I took with the camera I took it as a JPG. Later I learned how to use RAW to get more out of the camera. Now I use mostly RAW.

Pentax *ist DS 1/60 sec f 5.6 170mm ISO 200 and some photo editing stuff.
Attached Images

daz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 28, 2006, 6:39 PM   #2

Very nice. I think you've done a good job.

A note for anyone wondering where I've been, I've been on a three-day camping trip in the central high dessert of Oregon. We camped at Cove Palisades on Lake Billy Chinook. Took about 120 pictures while there but none qualify for this challenge.

Cal

calr is offline   Reply With Quote