Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Sep 1, 2006, 1:14 PM   #1

Hi all! Aftermany weeks of absence due to a neck injury (supposedly from sitting in front of the computer for too long accessing Steve's forums:G) along with Summer vacation, I'm finally feeling better anddecided to get back into action here. Since I'm not yet 100%, I can not participate as actively as I used to but hopefully I'll be able to dedicate a few minutes here and there to the forum.

With that said, Ifound out that the current challenge is Silhouette, so Iwent over my most recent pictures from my trip to San Diego and sure thing, there were a few silhouette shots among the hundreds of pictures I took during the trip. So, I selected four to start with, which I'll post in two separate topics, of course (I still remember the rules!!!).

These ones were taken at the Balboa Park (I'm getting better with my FZ20).
Attached Images

Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 1, 2006, 1:15 PM   #2

Attached Images

Old Sep 1, 2006, 7:47 PM   #3

Hi Tuillo, I am sorry to hear about your neck, I am glad your on the mend and back on the forum! Nice silhouettes, I like that second shot especially! I think the more you get out with that FZ20 the better you will feel!

Bob
bhammitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2006, 9:49 PM   #4

Tullio,

Ignore my question in your other post re your absence. Sorry to hear about your neck.

I am quite impressed by the second shot with the domes and the palm. The composition just strikes a chord in me.

Lovely work.

aloha
selvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2006, 12:54 AM   #5

Thank you both, Bob and Selvinfor your kind words and welcome backs.

I'm not sure how familiar you guys are with the FZ20. It's a good camera, full of capabilities but...very temperamental. I've been playing with mine since the end of May when I first got it and I still can't figure out which metering mode to use at times. But, as I said, I'm getting better at it and it certainly has potential!