Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Oct 3, 2006, 11:48 AM   #1

i have a canon EOS 350D. all the pictures have low saturation and contrast.so i compared it with the Nikon D50.Here i have sample pictures from the canon EOS 350D and NIkon D50. both lenses r the kit lence itself. alos i heard that the lence which coming along with the 350D is having very poor performance....is there any way to increase the sharpness and contrast in my canon 350D?....

resu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 3, 2006, 12:43 PM   #2

Well, you can either adjust the pictures in something like Photoshop, or you can let the camera automatically increase sharpness, contrast, etc. You need to switch you parameter in the camera's menu. Set it to a custom one (I think parameter 3) and adjust the sharpness/contrast/sat to your liking.

I've also heard the D50, on default, has a lot of post processing. The 350's default (parameter 1) has only some post processing.
BoYFrMSpC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2006, 1:41 PM   #3

The kit lens (18-55 ef-s) on the Canon EOS 350D works just fine, especially in it's sweet spot of around f8-f11. I use this lens a lot, and the results are more than acceptable. Also Canon's in-camera settings are more conservative, so you can set up a custom parameter for this if you wish, but I prefer to do sharpening, etc. in post-processing.
EOS350D-SA is offline   Reply With Quote