Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Nov 9, 2006, 9:34 AM   #1

on the 30d, i want to be able to magnify an image during the instant review.

On my old camera, the minolta 5d, i set a long instant playback so immediately after the shot I would look at the picture, and then magnify it by pressing the magnify button.

problem on the canon 30d is that the magnify button is also the autofucus selector. so now i have to wait until after immediate playback, click the play button and then magnify.

anyway for me to change that?

photov is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 9, 2006, 11:11 AM   #2

This is just a guess (I don't own the 30D, I have the 20D and the 1DMkIIN) but I think if right after you take the picture you can press the display button. That will stop it from being written to the flash card and you can view it and zoom effectively immedately.

But I'm not positive. So try it and tell us. This is based on how I've occasionally deleted the picture right after shooting and the erase all button hasn't appeared. I could only remove that one image. And it was faster too - like it wasn't erasing it from the flash card but instead was deleting it from the internal buffer.

eric s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2006, 1:10 PM   #3

i am not home right now so i cant test it just yet

but even if that were the case, that would still be an extra unnecessary step.

serious flaw. but workable.
photov is offline   Reply With Quote