Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Jun 15, 2003, 9:55 AM   #1
Default White Balance setting

Just wondering if eveyone here use the "AWB" or the "Sunny Daylight" setting on their cameras?

It seems to me like "Sunny Daylight" would be preferable since wouldn't the "AWB" cancel out whatever the warming filters KR1.5/KR3 one would use? At least with film nothing mess around with the white balance with every shot!
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 15, 2003, 4:26 PM   #2

I have used Sunny Daylight several times and I like the results. I did a test awhile back and took a picture on every white balance setting to see how it turned out. Now, this was indoors, but it was interesting. The indoor setting was the best picture (as we'd expect.)

I should do the same thing for sunny day, and with shady. That way I could learn what works for what type of day.

I have not tried it with a filter (other than my UV glass protector.) I agree, though, it does seem like AWB would "correct" what the filter tried to do.

One big thing, though. Remember to check your setting when you go out. It really sucks to take 30 shots outdoors and then realize you were still on indoor(by light bulb) from the previous night!
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote