Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Nov 25, 2006, 3:52 AM   #11

Also satisfied 101% :-)

Canon 400D, Sigma 18-125

Attached Images
DonalDuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2006, 5:37 AM   #12

I am extremely happy with my 400D. The size and weight are exactly what I was looking for.

mrcoons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2006, 8:55 PM   #13

I've had my XTi/400D for less than a week. This is the first SLR type camera I've bought since about 1988. I have a strong background in 35mm SLR photgraphy and have owned a few digital zoom cameras. Based on that, the 400D seems to be of more than acceptable build quality and the size of the body is OK even though I have fairly large hands. The controls and menus are no more complex than my earlier digital cameras. So far I'm quite satisfied with my buying decision, but as they say, only time will tell.
FaciaBrut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2006, 7:44 AM   #14

So far so good. I also upgraded from a 300d.

adhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2006, 9:52 AM   #15

Nice dog! I love labs.

By the way I decided to purchase the camera, eventhough it is not the U.S version which is Xti, I got my hands on the Japanese Version *Kiss X*

So far I liked the size and the weight. Speedwise its much faster than my 300D so its a plus. However, my pictures turned out a bit underexposed on some. I usually shoot on shutter priority or Aperture priority and some of the pictures turned out a bit dark. I have to admit I havent done outdoor pictures yet since I only took pictures of items in my room which is not lit very well.

Edit: took the picture below inside my room with a tripod,I think its pretty clear! (wellits clear in my focus point which is around the wheel and ferrari emblem areaat f/6.3 w/ sigma 24-70 f/2.8). I'm quitehappy how the pictureturns out. (straight crop only no color adjustments). Some pictures taken without tripod look underexposed though.

This is another one at F/11, dont mind the dust spec on that shinny ferrari! Its not waxed yet Picture is a bit yellow because I was playing with the white balance. Should've used a diff. WB.

What do you guys think? Do I have a good copy of Xti or do I need to exchange? It looks like a good copy eventhough some underexposed shots I took earlier.

rally123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2006, 10:38 AM   #16

Alright I am totally 100% satisfied with this camera! Except my Mirror Lockup if I turn it on it doesnt snap the real picture after it freezes for 10 secs,Any ideas?

Check out my latest test with macro lens Sigma 70-300 APOII. You'll like it!

rally123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2006, 3:13 PM   #17

You have to set the drive mode to self timer/remote for the mirror lockup to work.
luceberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2006, 1:12 AM   #18

I wouldn't bother with the kit lens though since is isn't very sharp.
pagerboy is offline   Reply With Quote