Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Nov 22, 2006, 5:21 PM   #1

Im starting to do some indoor panorama shots . Just wondering if anyone could suggest a good lens that will show the most part of the rooms in the house. thank you
chrissch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 22, 2006, 6:19 PM   #2

You might get a better answer in the Panorama/Stitching section!

Personally, I have used several lenses (however the spirit moves me) 28mm, 35mm, 50mm, etc. However, what is critical is the tripod head with degree markings, level(ness) of the tripod, and, ideally, using a camera mount where the rotation point is directly under the filmplane (sensor) — although you can get passable results with a plain old close-to-level tripod.

With the software I use, and depending on the lens, 12 or more shots works best for a 360° pano (and Quick Time VR movies). If I overlap my shots about 20%, the software I use stitches everything together ... and if I have been careful in taking the shots level, ensuring the exact same aperture, speed, and focus for each shot, and providing the appropriate overlap the stitching usually completes with a perfect 360° pano.

Anyway, others in the pano section can better answer your questions than I ... others "specialize" while I like to experiment and am a serendipitous photographer!

hgernhardtjr is offline   Reply With Quote