Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Dec 7, 2006, 8:22 PM   #1

am thinking of trading my rebelxt towards the xti .is the xti that much better to justify making the change? thanks for any help
camerageak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 8, 2006, 2:16 AM   #2

We had to swap from XT to XTi (stolen camera... with many shots from our Hungary holidays... arg!) a few weeks ago.

The XTi feels a bit smaller in my hands (I did not look at the actual sizes... but that's how it feels).

Among the changes I noticed most are:

- The new LCD screen is larger and that is an improvement. I still feel a bit unconfortable when it turns off automatically when getting close to the proximity (?) sensor. But my girlfriend who uses the camera also (and more than me so far) is happy with that...

- I am very happy to have a (suposedly) efficiency dust removal system. I feel much more confortable with that!

- It seems to me that the overexposition that was so common with the XT has almost disappeared (that seems to vary depending on the shooting modes... still need experience with that one!).

To be perfectly honest, we changed only because we had to, and I would have been happier to put money on lenses/flash rather than a new camera. Westicked to Canon because we had some equipment that survied the robery... but I did look into the sony offer (although most likely, I would have stayed with Canon anyway...).

my 0.02€!
polarwasp is offline   Reply With Quote