Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Mar 12, 2007, 10:18 AM   #1

[align=left]OK, I am not looking for which one do people prefer, or think is more professional etc. I think that has been done already.

All I would like to know is how does the silver XTi hold up to everyday use. Does the silver paint wear off quickly on the corners and where it is held often? Does it scratch off easily, etc.

I suppose the same questions could be asked of the black bodies but I am guessing the black bodies are made of black plastic whereas the silver ones are made of black plastic which are then painted silver.

Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks

riverdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 12, 2007, 1:27 PM   #2

I have the 1D MrkII (and the 10D) which is(are) black of course, but when the paint got scrapped off the metal silver is showing below... :O

-> This is like putting a white lens on a black body (now silver) - What's wrong with some fashion statements? :-) :lol: :G
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2007, 1:43 PM   #3

The scratches on my black xt isn't really noticable, since the whole plastic is black. But... as the edges wear, you can tell the outer coating is gone because it has a more "texture" feeling to it than the plastic underneath (which is pretty smooth). I think you'll only notice it on close inspection.
BoYFrMSpC is offline   Reply With Quote