Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Mar 31, 2007, 7:14 PM   #1

I'm somwhat an amature when it comes to ....well... cameras. I know alot of basics and more. But compared how much one can know about cameras, operatoins, lenses and more, then I'm an amarure.

I've resently benn trying taking some HDR images on my Canon Rebel XT (350d). The way I do it, and only way I know how is to...

Set to manual mode, set the EV to -2 (take a pic) then set the EV to 0 (take a pic) then set the EV to +2 (take a pic). Without a Tripod this is unpossible. Also, the object has to be 100% still.
HDR Images are OK that way.

Now I ASK:
How do I take photo like this with HDR?

There are multiple thing moving in that picture. Sugesting that the EV seetings have been adjusted from EV-2 to 0 to +2 in a split second.

Is there such an automatic mode on the Canon Rebel XT ??? So that I can take 3+ quick shots of an moving object and create an HDR image?

skuliaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 31, 2007, 8:22 PM   #2

From the Menu, choose AEB, which is Auto Exposure Bracketing, and adjust to the desired exposure range, maximum -2EV to +2EV.

Set the drive mode to Continuous for handheld, or Self Timer for tripod mounted, or use a Remote.

Take your High Dynamic Range image.

Is that what you meant?
luceberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2007, 7:46 PM   #3

With regard to the picture link, I would say that it is taken with one exposure, not three overlaid.

I would guess that has been taken in RAW mode to extract the maximum dynamic range from the single shot and possibly adjusted in photoshop for selective exposure.

The blue sky looks unreal, maybe a chance effect though.
luceberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2007, 11:02 AM   #4

Here's how I'd do it. Take 3 bracketed RAWimages at 1 stop intervals. Choose the one with the best dynamic range for what you're trying to do. Then, open it in canon's software, or photoshop or whatever, boost the exposure to +2, then save as a RAW fileand close. open the ORIGINAL image again, reduce the exposure to -2, save and close. Now open all3 files in photoshop, run the HDR process and unless it tells you you don't have enough dynamic range to generate a HDR image, you''re good.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Here it is explained by someone who knows more than me:

mdboatbum is offline   Reply With Quote