Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Apr 6, 2007, 9:27 PM   #1

hi i just buy a canon rebel xti
but i want to now how to use it
who nows where to find tutorials?
elrodry is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 6, 2007, 11:12 PM   #2

The best place is Canon website.

Read the camera manual many times.

Here are the list of features you use the most:

ISO, Picture Styles, picture review with histogram.

Train your your index finger and thumb to set the camera as fast as you can, practice.

The ISO layout:

100 800

200 1600

You can go up and down or across on the ISO, 100 across to 800 or 100 down to 200...

Inthe Picture Styles, you cannot go across, only up or down. Replace the cust 1 cust2 and cust3 with your favorite styles. But first, go to page 101 in the manual to set your cross key 01 (the first function) to 0 andpress "set" button, this will bring out your Picture Styles when you want toswitch style during the shoot real quick.

Let me know if you don't know what to replace those three custom styles with what.

The main dial of the Canon cameras ( thegear wheelin front near the shutter button) in genera it's used to setthe shutter speed/aperture, also you can use it to move from oneISO value to the next or toselect your PictureStyle, orto review your shots on the lcd, same with the menu dial in the back. In some other cameras you can usethe setting button on the back only, not both.

coldshot is offline   Reply With Quote