Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

View Poll Results: Aftermarket lens preference?
Sigma 1 50.00%
Tamron 1 50.00%
Tokina 0 0%
Other? 0 0%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Old Apr 28, 2007, 6:32 PM   #1

First off, sorry if I posted this in the wrong forum but after looking at some of the other "lens" forums, figures it fit here since I have an XTi that I will be putting them on.... if this is the wrong place, please move it to the correct forum....

I was just wondering what aftermarket lens my fellow Canon DSLR users prefer. Right now I'm partial to Sigma but what about Tamron or Tokina? The only reason I say I'm partial to Sigma is because that was the first aftermarket lens I bought and wanted to keep my lenses the same. I'm one of those type people that would like to buy all canon lenses since the camera is a canon just so everything matches and is "compatable" with out question. But when you can get a Sigma 70-200 f2.8 for $300 less than if canon partner, for example........ money talks.....

So..... Sigma, Tamron or Tokina..... which and why...... or doesn't matter?

Thanks for the input

overkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 28, 2007, 9:40 PM   #2

IMO you can't generalize a brand to one another: It depends on each lens
-> The Sigma 70-200 f2.8 might be the best in this category (i.e. with the HSM for example)

But in the 17-50 f/2.8 the Tamron might be better and the Tokina is best at the super wide fisheye... so it varies with the lens really - sticking to just 1 brand (just like Canon) will lock you out from some better options! :O
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2007, 10:13 PM   #3

and sigma 12-24 at the widest zoom
nymphetamine is offline   Reply With Quote