Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Aug 15, 2007, 9:03 AM   #1

I have been using my 30D with the battery grip on it. My question is does the 30D read the battery life properly with the grip attached using 2 batteries? I have never seen by meter go down ever yet I have shot in upwards of 2k pics on one charge using canons 24-105 F4L IS as my primary lens. Rarely have I used the built in flash but as I understand it the IS function is supposed to be on par with using a flash.
ST77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 15, 2007, 9:45 AM   #2
Super Moderator

Yes, it works fine generally, although sometimes if one batt is lower than the other it will show half charge and then taking a batt out puts it back to a full charge. Strange but I've not had issues.
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2007, 11:22 AM   #3

in general though I have found canon's battery metering to be rather poor. It's a lot like the gas guage in my car. By the time the guage reads 1/2 tank of gas I've actually used about 2/3 - 3/4. I've found at least with the 300D and 20D the same is true with those cameras. By the time the battery meter says I have 1/2 charge it's really only about 1/4 left.
JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote