Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Aug 23, 2007, 10:51 AM   #1

Just bought a new Xti. First new camera in 28 years. Interesting to note what has and has not changed, but retiring my old Canon A1 is like losing an old friend. The glass on the 50mm 1.4 lens is so pretty, and my 80-200 zoom (pre -L even) still looks and feels gorgeous.

Too bad all the old stuff, even the vivitar 3700 flash is obsolete. I can still use my old close up lenses, but not even the polarizers!

OTOH, with a vacation coming up, I realized I'll save hudreds just on film and developing costs. Used to carry two bodies, one with prints (got spouse to carry it usually) and one with slides. At one roll each per day, which is low, that would cost what, $25/day for film and processing? times two weeks, a lot of dough.

Anyway, these forums have been very helpful the past few years as I moved from the world of film to the world of digital. Recently, they were very helpful in my deciding on the Xti over the XT.

Thanks all for the help!
klevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links