Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Canon EOS dSLR

Old Sep 5, 2007, 6:20 PM   #1

I have had the 350D with the canon 17-85mm lens for about a year now and surprisingly the majority of pictures taken are dark and have to be lightened by editing, especially those taken indoors. I don't claim to be the best photographerbut even in "auto" mode the pictures have to be lightened. I often swith to P and change the white balance appropriately, or even the exposure compensation by a point or two but these methods are inconsistent. What am I missing? Thanks in advance.
jerwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 5, 2007, 6:26 PM   #2
Super Moderator

Hi and welcome to Steve's (you are the 2nd new person I've welcomed today so Steve's is looking good LOL).

Do you have any examples of the shots so we can take a look? If you have quite a bit of white then there is a good chance that the camera is metering on that, if a camera meters on white it thinks it should be 12% grey so will make it darker than it really is.

There could be other things but lets start with that and see what your examples have to tell us.
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote